I get asked quite often what I take. I hesitate to put it down, line by line, only because I take things that are higher due to need for deficiency, or due to my headaches, or a few other idiosyncricies. I also tend to not like to label what brands — simply because sometimes this could be seen as an endorsement when it’s not (I shop sales).
But because it does get asked so often, fine. This is not the order I take them in, but rather the order I put them back in my container. Hey, I want easy.
As of February 10th, 2010, I take:
- 2 Members Mark (Centrum) multivites — after this bottle is gone (ha! 450 in a bottle) I have actual Centrums that I got on MASSIVE discount with good expiration dates
- 5 Vitalady 140mg Tender Magnesium Citrate capsules — magnesium has been shown to help migraine sufferers in clinical trial; I’m actually about to up this another capsule or two; important to note that magnesium helps with calcium absorption, but if taking for migraines, not to take with calcium
- 1 NatureMade 500mg Vitamin C — taken with the mag citrate to increase absorption
- 4 Citracal 250mg calcium citrate, 200 IU D3 tablets & 4 Citracal 200mg calcium citrate, 200 IU D3 tablets — 1 of each x 4 servings gives me 1800mg of calcium a day; I buy Citracal because of coupons and the BOGO deals typical of this brand
- 1 every other day Members Mark 1000mcg B12 — I over absorb b-vites for some reason; I also, for some reason absorb tablet B12. Don’t try this at home.
- 1 every other day NatureMade Liquid Softgel Super B-Complex – I over absorb b-vites and am off the chart
- 1 400mcg CVS folic acid
- 3 Proferrin ES heme iron — this I love and need and is the only iron that has worked for me in years
- 4 Vitalady Tender D3-5 5,000 IU
- 4 Solaray 100mg Vitamin B2 — Riboflavin of doses of 400mgs has been shown in clinical trials to treat migraines, actually thinking of upping this 200mgs to counter malabsorption
- 1 GNC 2mg Copper
- 1 NatureMade 30mg Zinc
- 1 Vitalady 25,000 IU Tender A-25 Retinyl Palmitate
- 1 Bio-Tech (Vitalady) 100mcg K1-100 (Phytonadione)
This isn’t a listing of what you SHOULD take by any stretch — only what I take.