As part of the samples box Vic over at Celebrate sent me, there were some of the new ENS shakes that include protein as well. I’ve not tried them yet, so I’m looking forward to putting them in my blender bottle and giving them a whirl.
First up is the Vanilla Cake Batter.
Created for surgical weight loss patients, our ENS (Essential Nutrient System) shake contains a high potency multivitamin, 500 mg of calcium citrate, and 25 g of whey isolate protein in each pack. Our integrated formula provides maximum solubility and ensures that the vitamins and minerals are readily bioavailable. This product is the best option for patients immediately following surgery.
* The vitamin and mineral content of each pack is equal to taking one chewable multivitamin, plus 500 mg of calcium, plus 25 g of protein.
* Due to the nature of the formulation, this product is appropriate for any surgical weight loss procedure. As with any of our other delivery systems, you may need additional supplementation based on surgery type.
* It is recommended to be blended with 8 oz of cold water, shaken, and consumed but can be mixed with as much or as little water as you want. It may also be mixed with milk.
* Each pack also contains 4 g of soluble fiber, added electrolytes and a 500 mg antioxidant blend, and a 200 mg green tea blend.
* Like our other products, taste is important and this has a delicious vanilla flavor that will make you think that you are drinking a glass of milk flavored like cake batter.
* Since quality is a critical element of all of our products, we utilize an ultra refined whey isolate protein that scores 100 on the PDCAAS scale.
Who would benefit from this product?
1. Early post-operative patients – Since this may be diluted to taste, there are virtually no issues with taste aversion.
2. Athletes – If you are a surgery patient turned athlete, this can help to flavor that boring water that you need to drink. Water is critical and taking your vitamins and calcium while hydrating makes it easier.
3. Anyone looking for a convenient alternative to pills or chewables.
NEW – Quick-melt tablets! Dissolve in your mouth in a minute! Delivering 1000 mcg of vitamin B-12, this great tasting sublingual tablet will ensure that you are receiving proper levels of this critical vitamin.
This bottle contained 90 sublingual tablets, so I did another 30-day test with them. And again, as someone who does not like chewable vitamins as a rule, I was shocked.
So back in October (yes, I realize it’s almost January..) Vic from Celebrate sent me a care package of some of Celebrate’s newer products. It included a bottle of their Pineapple-Strawberry multivitamins, Cherry Tart calcium, Cherry B12 sublinguals, and their full line of ENS liquid multivitamin/calcium mixes.
I was in bariatric heaven.
Since I got a full month of the multivitamin, calcium, and B12, and because I’m not normally one for chewable vitamins? I decided to actually TAKE the vitamins for a full month before doing the reviews on the products to see when I got tired of them, IF I got tired of them. This is coming from someone who thinks Flintstones take like crap, could not stand Optisource, etc.
First up? The Pineapple-Strawberry multivitamin.
I deal with folks of RNY and DS persuasion on a regular basis simply due to the fact that we know we have to do supplementation due to our malabsorption of micronutrients for the rest of our lives.
What AGBers and VSGers fail to understand is that they also need to supplement as well. And in some cases, it is more than just a simple multivitamin and calcium.
A study was started in June of 2007 of VSG patients and conducted for 12 months afterwards to study the possibility of iron, B12, and folate deficiency with only taking an iron-free multivitamin. A total of 61 patients were included in the study. Parameters for those who don’t have access to the whole study (and, if you just read the abstract? You’d not realize the significance of this study!! It’s VERY SIGNIFICANT! for VSGers!) like I do.
Right off the bat — This is not my work. Got it? NOT MINE. Jillybean720 on ObesityHelp? yeah. She gets the props for all this wonderfulness.
I’m just putting it up because some people don’t want to download things on the net. I’m providing a service.
This is a comparison of chewable multivites available. Even a liquid. Apples to apples, side by side.
Go. Read. Be in awe of the time she took to do this for the community. Because no doubt? She really took a lot of time to do this for the community. And when you get a chance? Tell her Thanks! when you’re over at OH. She can be contacted here.