Bariatric Advantage has just released a new flavor of calcium, and there is all sorts of buzz online about them.
I first got to try them in Las Vegas at the WLSFA event. At the time, I thought they were okay, but certainly not wonderful. However, I didn’t have enough of a sample to do a full review. Ed over at BA was kind enough to send me a bag, along with my favorite (lemon!!) and I was given more of a chance to do a full review.
Our Calcium Citrate Chewy Bites deliver 250 mg of elemental calcium as calcium citrate in a delicious chew. They also contain 125 IU of vitamin D3 for healthy absorption. These chews are sugar-free as well, so you don’t have to worry about getting extra carbs while you get the calcium you need. Each chew is individually wrapped so you can take them with you wherever you go.
Digging through my box of goodies from Bariatric Advantage, I wanted to do these as I enjoy the chewy bites quite a bit.
Bariatric Advantage says:
Calcium Citrate that tastes delicious – Wow! Many people are required to take a lot of calcium. At Bariatric Advantage, we recognize that providing different flavors and forms of this important nutrient helps assure compliance and makes taking large amounts of calcium much easier. Our Calcium Citrate Chewy Bites deliver 250 mg of elemental calcium as calcium citrate in a delicious chew. They also contain 125 IU of vitamin D3 for healthy absorption. These chews are sugar-free as well, so you don’t have to worry about getting extra carbs while you get the calcium you need. Each chew is individually wrapped so you can take them with you wherever you go.
I’m catching up on a ton of reviews that need to be done. I’ve posted a ton of Celebrate reviews of late, and don’t want to give the impression that I dislike Bariatric Advantage in any shape or form, so I’ve decided to push some of their stuff up on the list a bit to make things seem a bit less one-sided.
Bariatric Advantage has sent me several fun boxes of stuff to review — including some new formulations that I’ll be doing week-long and month-long trials on (including the multivitamin crystals that seem to be HOT!) but wanted to get some perennial favorites out of the way first.
I’ve always loved the Calcium Citrate Chewy Bites — but have never done full reviews on the Lemon and Chocolate. Time to rectify that now. First up: Lemon.
As part of the samples box Vic over at Celebrate sent me, there were some of the new ENS shakes that include protein as well. I’ve not tried them yet, so I’m looking forward to putting them in my blender bottle and giving them a whirl.
First up is the Vanilla Cake Batter.
Created for surgical weight loss patients, our ENS (Essential Nutrient System) shake contains a high potency multivitamin, 500 mg of calcium citrate, and 25 g of whey isolate protein in each pack. Our integrated formula provides maximum solubility and ensures that the vitamins and minerals are readily bioavailable. This product is the best option for patients immediately following surgery.
* The vitamin and mineral content of each pack is equal to taking one chewable multivitamin, plus 500 mg of calcium, plus 25 g of protein.
* Due to the nature of the formulation, this product is appropriate for any surgical weight loss procedure. As with any of our other delivery systems, you may need additional supplementation based on surgery type.
* It is recommended to be blended with 8 oz of cold water, shaken, and consumed but can be mixed with as much or as little water as you want. It may also be mixed with milk.
* Each pack also contains 4 g of soluble fiber, added electrolytes and a 500 mg antioxidant blend, and a 200 mg green tea blend.
* Like our other products, taste is important and this has a delicious vanilla flavor that will make you think that you are drinking a glass of milk flavored like cake batter.
* Since quality is a critical element of all of our products, we utilize an ultra refined whey isolate protein that scores 100 on the PDCAAS scale.
Who would benefit from this product?
1. Early post-operative patients – Since this may be diluted to taste, there are virtually no issues with taste aversion.
2. Athletes – If you are a surgery patient turned athlete, this can help to flavor that boring water that you need to drink. Water is critical and taking your vitamins and calcium while hydrating makes it easier.
3. Anyone looking for a convenient alternative to pills or chewables.
With a great tart cherry taste, smooth texture (no grit) and the most effective bone health formulation available in a bariatric supplement – what more can you ask for?
I had enough of these suckers (a whole bottle) to do a 30 day trial, and again I was shocked at the results.